Pottukadalai (Roasted Gram) – 500 gms
Jaggery – 250 gms
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Water as required
1. Dry roast the pottukadalai till the raw smell disappears.
2. Dissolve the jaggery completely in 1/2 cup of water and strain well.
3. Pour the jaggery water into a pan and gently simmer for a few minutes.
4. When it starts to become thick, add the cardamom powder.
5. Add the pottukadalai to a bowl and slowly add the jaggery. Mix well.
6. Using oiled fingers, make small laddus and keep aside to cool.