This is a popular South Indian mixed spinach pakoda made with 3-4 varieties of spinach. Often served as an evening or teatime snack.
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Gram Flour – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Ponnaganni Keerai – handful, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Arai Keerai – handful, finely chopped
Murungakkai Keerai – handful, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 250 ml
Salt as per taste
1. Mix all the ingredients, except oil, in a large bowl.
2. Add enough water and mix well to a thick paste.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
4. Drop small portions of the batter and fry till golden brown.
5. Remove and drain excess oil.