Nendram Pazham (Ripe Kerala Plantain) – 2, peeled, sliced into thin strips
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Maida – 1/2 cup
Corn Flour – 1 tsp
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Kesari Powder – a pinch
Onions – 1 tsp, grated
Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Mix wheat flour, maida, cooking soda, corn flour, kesari powder, salt, onions, coriander leaves and red chilli powder in a bowl.
2. Add enough water to make a semi-thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Dip the plantains in the batter 2 to 3 times till fully coated.
5. Then add them to the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve hot with chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !