Wheat Flour – 1 1/2 cups
Rava – 1/4 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cooking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Combine all the ingredients with enough warm water in a bowl.
2. Knead well to a stiff dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Knead again and make small lemon sized balls of the dough.
4. Roll them into thin rounds.
5. Heat a non stick pan over medium flame.
6. Fry the prepared rounds (khakhras) till golden brown.
7. Remove and cool.
8. These will be crisp and papad like.
9. Store them in an airtight container.
10. Serve as a snack or as a breakfast item.
image credit: gujaratiinfo.com