Idli Batter – 2 cups
Jaggery – 1 cup, powdered
Coconut – 3/4 cup, grated
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
1. Mix the jaggery with little water and strain.
2. Gently boil the strained jaggery water and add to the idli batter.
3. Dry roast the moong dal till golden and add to the batter along with cardamom powder.
4. Pour the batter into idli moulds and sprinkle grated coconut on top.
5. Steam cook until done.
6. Serve with chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.