1. Soak the rice and dal for 1 hour.
2. Add the bread slices and grind to a smooth batter.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Saute the onions, carrot and green chillies for 45 to 60 seconds.
5. Add salt and mix well with the batter.
6. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
7. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
8. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides until golden.
9. Remove and serve hot.
Bread Slices – 10, edges trimmed
Parboiled Rice – 2 cups
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 2 tsp
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Carrot – 2, grated
Green Chillies – 2 to 4, depending on size, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the rice and fenugreek for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Drain and grind together to a smooth batter, adding little water if required.
3. Add the bread slices and grind again.
4. Heat a little oil in a pan.
5. Saute the onions, carrots, green chillies and add to the batter.
6. Add salt and mix well.
7. Keep aside for 30 to 60 minutes.
8. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
9. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread well.
10. Cook on both sides adding oil around the edges.
11. Remove when golden brown.
12. Serve with chutney and sambar of choice.