Kovakkai (Ivy Gourd) – 500 gms, sliced lengthwise
Onions – 250 gms, sliced
Tomato – 250 gms, sliced
Tamarind Extract – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1/4 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the mustard seeds and cumin seeds for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and stir briefly.
4. Add the sliced onions and tomatoes.
5. Fry until the onions turn light brown.
6. Add the kovakkai pieces, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and tamarind extract.
7. Mix well and cover the pan with a lid.
8. Simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Remove the lid and cook for a minute more.
10. Stir to mix well and transfer to a serving bowl.
11. Serve with rice.
Kovakkai Fry Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kovakkai Fry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.