Kovakkai (Ivy Gourd) – 500 gms, sliced lengthwise
Onions – 250 gms, sliced
Tomato – 250 gms, sliced
Tamarind Extract – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1/4 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the mustard seeds and cumin seeds for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and stir briefly.
4. Add the sliced onions and tomatoes.
5. Fry until the onions turn light brown.
6. Add the kovakkai pieces, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and tamarind extract.
7. Mix well and cover the pan with a lid.
8. Simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Remove the lid and cook for a minute more.
10. Stir to mix well and transfer to a serving bowl.
11. Serve with rice.
Kovakkai Fry Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kovakkai Fry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.