Cluster Beans (Kothavarangai) – 500 gms, chopped
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Sambar Powder – 4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Toor Dal – 2 cups, boiled
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the mustard seeds, asafoetida powder and curry leaves.
3. Add the cluster beans and saute well.
4. Add the tamarind extract and salt.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Add the cooked dal and coriander leaves.
7. Cook till it starts to thicken.
8. Allow it to boil once and remove.
9. Serve hot.
How to Make Kothavarangai Puli Kootu Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kothavarangai Puli Kootu Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.