Kovakkai / Ivy Gourd – 250 gms, chopped
Tamarind – a big lemon sized ball
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, choppe
Curry Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
Gingelly Oil – 100 ml
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Add the kovakkai pieces, green chillies, tamarind, salt and curry leaves.
3. Stir-fry for a few minutes and keep aside to cool.
4. Then grind to a smooth/coarse paste.
5. Heat the remaining oil.
6. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder.
7. Add the ground paste and mix well.
8. Simmer for a minute and remove.
9. Serve hot with rice or as a side dish.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !