Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch, cleaned, coarsely chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 10
Tamarind – a small ball
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Add the urad dal and fry till golden.
3. Add dry red chillies, tamarind, salt and coriander leaves.
4. Fry for a minute and transfer to a mixer jar.
5. Grind to a smooth/coarse paste.
6. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
7. Fry the mustard seeds till it starts to splutter.
8. Add curry leaves and ground coriander paste.
9. Stir for a minute or two.
10. Serve with idli, dosa or curd rice.