Thuvarai Kai (Pigeon Peas / Toor Dal) – 1 cup, peeled
Mochai Kottai (Field Beans) – 1 cup, skin peeled
Tomato – 4
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Green Chillies – 2
Oil – 4 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the thuvarai and mochai with enough salt until 2 whistles.
2. Combine and grind together the tomatoes, ginger and green chillies.
3. Add the ground paste to the cooked thuvarai and mochai.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Add the mixture and simmer for a few minutes till it starts to boil.
6. Remove and serve hot with rice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.