Idli Rice – 250 gms, soaked for an hour
Toor Dal – 1 cup, soaked
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 cup, soaked
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Oil – 300 ml
Salt as per taste
1. Grind the rice to a thick batter.
2. Separately grind together the dals with dry red chillies.
3. Mix both the batters together.
4. Add onion, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
5. Mix well.
6. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
7. Drop small portions of the batter and fry till golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot.
Tip: You can also use left over adai batter.
image credit: Vardhini’s Kitchen
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !