Bottle Gourd (Sorakkai) – 2 cups, grated
Rice Flour – 5 cups
Green Chillies – 6
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – 4 cloves
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Curry Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Grind together ginger, garlic and green chillies.
2. Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, sorakkai, curry leaves, coriander leaves and mix well in a bowl.
3. Add rice flour and mix without adding water.
4. Make small balls of this mixture and flatten them on a wet white cloth.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Fry these on both sides till golden and remove.
7. Drain excess oil.
8. Serve hot.