Rice – 3 cups
Whole Black Gram Dal- 1 cup
Moong Dal – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Combine whole black gram and rice. Soak them in water for 3 hours.
2. Grind to a thick paste.
3. Add salt and mix well.
4. Add 1/4 cup sugar and mix well.
5. Soak the moong dal for 15 minutes and grind to a thick paste.
6. Steam cook and crumble it.
7. Add the remaining sugar, coconut and cardamom powder.
8. Mix well and shape them into balls.
9. Dip these balls in the dal-rice batter.
10. Heat oil in a pan for frying.
11. Fry the balls till golden.
12. Remove and drain excess oil.