Spinach (Pasalai Keerai) – 1 bunch, cleaned, chopped
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1, chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
Green Chillies – 3 to 5, chopped
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Garlic -2 cloves
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Mix together the bengal gram dal, onions, green chillies and spinach.
2. Pressure cook till 1 whistle.
3. Add salt, asafoetida powder and mix well.
4. Using the back of a ladle, mash them well.
5. Add lemon juice and mix again.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, turmeric powder and crushed garlic for a minute.
8. Add this to the dal and mix well.
9. Serve hot.
Palak Lime Dal Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Palak Lime Dal Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.