Rice – 1 cup, washed
Karamani Payaru (Cow Beans) – 1/4 cup
Sambar Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Garlic – 10 cloves, peeled
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mor Milagai Vathal – 6
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the karamani and keep aside.
2. Combine the mor milagai vathal and 1/2 of the roasted karamani.
3. Grind to a coarse powder and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pressure pan over medium flame.
5. Add cumin seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions, tomatoes and garlic.
7. Stir-fry for a minute.
8. Add the rice, salt, ground karamani powder, remaining karamani and 2 cups of water.
9. Cover with a lid and cook till 3 whistles.
10. Remove and serve hot.
Karnataka Karamani Rice Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Karnataka Karamani Rice from Awesome Cuisine.