Rice – 1 cup, washed
Karamani Payaru (Cow Beans) – 1/4 cup
Sambar Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Garlic – 10 cloves, peeled
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mor Milagai Vathal – 6
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the karamani and keep aside.
2. Combine the mor milagai vathal and 1/2 of the roasted karamani.
3. Grind to a coarse powder and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pressure pan over medium flame.
5. Add cumin seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions, tomatoes and garlic.
7. Stir-fry for a minute.
8. Add the rice, salt, ground karamani powder, remaining karamani and 2 cups of water.
9. Cover with a lid and cook till 3 whistles.
10. Remove and serve hot.
Karnataka Karamani Rice Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Karnataka Karamani Rice Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.