Rice – 1 cup, washed
Karamani Payaru (Cow Beans) – 1/4 cup
Sambar Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Garlic – 10 cloves, peeled
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mor Milagai Vathal – 6
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the karamani and keep aside.
2. Combine the mor milagai vathal and 1/2 of the roasted karamani.
3. Grind to a coarse powder and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pressure pan over medium flame.
5. Add cumin seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions, tomatoes and garlic.
7. Stir-fry for a minute.
8. Add the rice, salt, ground karamani powder, remaining karamani and 2 cups of water.
9. Cover with a lid and cook till 3 whistles.
10. Remove and serve hot.
Karnataka Karamani Rice Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Karnataka Karamani Rice Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.