Nellikai (Amla) – 6, big
Ginger – a small piece
Tomato – 1, skin peeled
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Kalkandu (Rock Candy) – 250 gms
1. Wash the nellikais and pressure cook without adding water.
2. Remove the seeds from the nellikai and grind together with ginger and tomato.
3. Keep aside.
4. Heat a pan of water and add the kalkandu.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer till it dissolves completely and achieves an one string consistency.
6. Add the ground paste, cumin powder and ghee.
7. Mix well till it achieves a legiyam consistency (thick and slightly sticky).
8. This is very good for cough and indigestion.