Raw Rice – 250 gms, soaked for a few minutes
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Navadhaniyam – 1 cup, dry roasted, soaked and boiled
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
Oil – 3 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few, chopped, to garnish
1. Heat oil and ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions and tomatoes for a minute or two.
3. Add the ground paste, salt and cook till oil starts to separate.
4. Add the navadhaniyam, coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups of water.
5. Bring to a boil and then add the rice.
6. Cook till the rice is done.
7. Garnish with curry leaves.
8. Serve hot.
Note: The Navadanya includes Bengal Gram, Wheat, Horse Gram, Green Gram, Rice, White beans, Black Seasame seeds, Chic Peas, Black Gram.