Basmati Rice – 250 gms, soaked for 15 minutes
Onion – 1
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Curd – 3 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Grind together the given ingredients to a fine paste and strain well to get a thick puree.
2. Heat a pressure pan over medium flame.
3. Add ghee and oil.
4. Saute the onions and add the strained puree.
5. Cook till the oil separates.
6. Add turmeric powder, salt, curd and 2 cups of water.
7. Bring to a boil and add the rice.
8. Cover with a lid and cook till the rice is done, stirring from time to time.
9. Remove and serve hot.
Note: This recipe is also called as Masala Juice Biryani.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.