1 medium beet, peeled and grated
1 large carrot, washed and grated
1 cup plain yoghurt
pinch of ground cinnamon
pinch of ground cloves
pinch of asafoetida powder
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon ghee
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 dried red chilli (crushed or whole)
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt and spices.
2. Cover the bowl.
3. Prepare the tarka by heating ghee in ladle or small frying pan.
4. Add the spices and saute for a few minutes, until well-toasted and fragrant.
5. Add it to the yoghurt mixture.
6. Stir well, and let stand for a few minutes by covering with tight-fitting lid till favour blends.
7. Add the grated vegetables.
8. Chill well before serving.