½ of small size cabbage
4-5 red chillies
Small ball of tamarind
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
2.5 tsp urad dal
Asafoetida a pinch
Turmeric a pinch (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1. Gently roast red chillies, urad dal, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a pan.
2. Roast each one seperately and make a powder of it and keep aside.
3. Add oil in a pan and fry cabbage (cut to small pieces) for 5 mins.
4. Then add salt and soaked tamarind and fry until cabbage turns light brown and all the water is evaporated.
5. If required we can add a pinch of turmeric.
6. Grind this paste with the powder.
7. Ready to serve.
Cabbage Pickle Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Cabbage Pickle from Awesome Cuisine.