½ of small size cabbage
4-5 red chillies
Small ball of tamarind
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
2.5 tsp urad dal
Asafoetida a pinch
Turmeric a pinch (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1. Gently roast red chillies, urad dal, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a pan.
2. Roast each one seperately and make a powder of it and keep aside.
3. Add oil in a pan and fry cabbage (cut to small pieces) for 5 mins.
4. Then add salt and soaked tamarind and fry until cabbage turns light brown and all the water is evaporated.
5. If required we can add a pinch of turmeric.
6. Grind this paste with the powder.
7. Ready to serve.
Cabbage Pickle Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Cabbage Pickle Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.