½ of small size cabbage
4-5 red chillies
Small ball of tamarind
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
2.5 tsp urad dal
Asafoetida a pinch
Turmeric a pinch (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1. Gently roast red chillies, urad dal, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a pan.
2. Roast each one seperately and make a powder of it and keep aside.
3. Add oil in a pan and fry cabbage (cut to small pieces) for 5 mins.
4. Then add salt and soaked tamarind and fry until cabbage turns light brown and all the water is evaporated.
5. If required we can add a pinch of turmeric.
6. Grind this paste with the powder.
7. Ready to serve.
Cabbage Pickle Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
- 13 Steps to Become a Master Chef at Home It is essential to follow certain safety rules while cooking. Hygiene is a must to ensure that cooked food is healthy and...
- 11 Healthy and Low Fat Cooking Tips Modern cooking is not only about taste and presentation but most cooks also prefer cooking healthy and low-fat recipes these...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Cabbage Pickle Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.