Bengal Gram Dal – 1 cup
Urad Dal – 1 cup
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 20
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida Powder as per taste
Oil – 1 tsp
1. Dry roast sesame seeds and dals separately.
2. To the same pan, add 1 tsp oil.
3. Fry the red chillies.
4. Combine all the ingredients and grind to a coarse powder.
5. Use with idli, dosa or add to side dish recipes.
6. Or add chopped onions and grind to make a chutney.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.