- Rice – 200 gms
- Corn Kernels – 1 cup
- Moong Dal – 1 cup, lightly dry roasted
- Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 100 ml
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt as per taste
- Combine the cumin seeds and black peppercorns.
- Grind them to a coarse powder.
- Mix corn, rice and dal in a pressure pan.
- Pour 4 cups of water and cook till 4 whistles.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin-pepper powder, curry leaves and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice, corn and dal mixture.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook till the pongal is thick and creamy.
- Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !