Karupatti (Palm Jaggery) – 200 gms, powdered
Wheat – 200 gms
Rice – 200 gms
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Ghee – 100 ml
1. Combine and soak together wheat and rice for an hour.
2. Add grated coconut and grind to a thick batter.
3. Dissolve the karupatti in little water and add to the batter.
4. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Heat a tawa over moderate flame.
6. When hot, pour a ladleful of the batter and add ghee around the edges.
7. Cook on both sides and remove.
8. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.