A healthy, simple and easy to make breakfast (or dinner) dish with poha and black peppercorns.
Milagu (Black Peppercorns) – 2 tsp, powdered
Aval (Poha) – 250 gms
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a small pinch
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Oil – 4 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Pour some water to the aval and mix well.
2. After a few minutes, drain the water and add salt. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
4. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, bengal gram dal, cumin seeds and asafoetida powder.
5. Fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the peppercorns, curry leaves and aval.
7. Stir to mix well.
8. Remove and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !