A popular dish from North India, this Spinach Raita can be served with biryani or pulao.
Curd – 500 gms
Spinach – 200 gms
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 to 2
Oil – 1/2 tsp
1. Combine curd, salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder in a bowl.
2. Beat well and keep it in the fridge.
3. Boil the spinach in enough water and remove.
4. Drain well and puree the spinach in a mixer till smooth.
5. Add this to the curd mixture and mix.
6. Heat little oil in a pan and fry the mustard seeds.
7. Pour it over the raita.
Tip: If desired you can add grated coconut.
image credit: memsaab.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !