* 1/4 kg cleaned prawns (uncooked)
* 8-10 dried kashmiri chillies
* 1/2 tsp cummin seeds
* 12 peppercorns
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1/2 inch piece ginger
* 1 tsp turmeric powder
* 2 onions, chopped
* 2 big tomatoes, skinned and chopped
* salt to taste
* half cup of water in which tamarind has been dissolved
* vinegar to taste
Grind together the chillies, cummin, peppercorns, garlic and ginger.
Mix in the turmeric.
Fry the onions till light brown.
Add the tomato and stir a bit before adding the prawns.
Fry for a minute.
Add the masala, tamarind and vinegar.
Cover and cook until prawns are just done. Do not overcook.
Prawn Baffad Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
- 13 Steps to Become a Master Chef at Home It is essential to follow certain safety rules while cooking. Hygiene is a must to ensure that cooked food is healthy and...
- 11 Healthy and Low Fat Cooking Tips Modern cooking is not only about taste and presentation but most cooks also prefer cooking healthy and low-fat recipes these...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Prawn Baffad Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.