* 1/4 kg cleaned prawns (uncooked)
* 8-10 dried kashmiri chillies
* 1/2 tsp cummin seeds
* 12 peppercorns
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1/2 inch piece ginger
* 1 tsp turmeric powder
* 2 onions, chopped
* 2 big tomatoes, skinned and chopped
* salt to taste
* half cup of water in which tamarind has been dissolved
* vinegar to taste
Grind together the chillies, cummin, peppercorns, garlic and ginger.
Mix in the turmeric.
Fry the onions till light brown.
Add the tomato and stir a bit before adding the prawns.
Fry for a minute.
Add the masala, tamarind and vinegar.
Cover and cook until prawns are just done. Do not overcook.
Prawn Baffad Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Prawn Baffad Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.