1 kg prawns
5 tbsp grated coconut.
500 gms tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
500 gms onion, chopped.
6 tsp oil.
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste.
2 tsp vinegar.
½ tsp sugar.
1 tsp coriander powder.
1 tsp turmeric powder.
2 tsp chilli powder.
A few curry leaves.
Some chopped coriander.
Salt to taste.
1. Fry chopped onion in half the oil till golden brown.
2. Remove blend to a paste and keep aside.
3. Saute coconut in remaining oil with garlic and ginger paste and fry till light brown.
4. Add prawns, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, onion paste and all spices, salt and fry.
5. Add ½ cup of water and leave it on slow fire until the prawns are cooked.
6. Before serving, garnish with chopped coriander and curry leaves.
7. Serve hot with yellow rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !