Pumpkin – 1, small-medium, skin and seeds removed, cut into 1 inch cubes
Coconut Milk – 3/4 cup, unsweetened
Water – 1/3 cup
Sugar – 3/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, sliced
White Onion – 1/2, small, peeled, finely sliced
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
1. Combine coconut milk and water in a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add sugar, salt, turmeric powder and soy sauce.
3. Stir well and add ginger, onion and pumpkin.
4. Bring to a low boil and stir gently.
5. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Keep stirring from time to time and remove from heat when pumpkin is tender.
7. Discard the ginger and keep the pan aside to cool a bit.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !