Melon is always a popular starter. Here the flavour is complemented by the refreshing taste of citrus fruit and a simple dressing.
- Galia Melon – 1, small (approx. 1kg), halved, seeds removed
- Pink Grapefruit – 2
- Yellow Grapefruit – 1
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- Raspberry Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Mint – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Mint Sprigs to garnish
- Carefully scoop the melon flesh into balls.
- Peel the grapefruits and cut all the white pith.
- Remove the segments by cutting between the membranes, reserving the juice.
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar, honey, chopped mint and grapefruit juice in a bowl.
- Add the melon balls and grapefruits.
- Mix well and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls.
- Garnish with a mint spring and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !