- Egg Yolk – 1
- Dijon Mustard – 1 1/2 tsp
- Sea Salt – 1/3 tsp
- Light Olive Oil – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Whisk the egg yolk with the mustard and salt in a bowl until creamy.
- Add a few tsp of oil and whisk well.
- The mixture will begin to thicken and turn light in colour.
- Add the remaining oil slowly, whisking vigorously all the time.
- The mayonnaise will become quite thick and will have a cream colour.
- When all the oil has been added, whisk in the lemon juice.
- Use as required.