Maida – 1 cup
Ghee – 3 tsp
Salt – a pinch
For the filling:
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Jaggery – 3/4 cup, powdered
Elaichi Powder – a pinch
Ghee as required
1. Combine maida, ghee, salt with little water and mix well.
2. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Mix the filling ingredients and keep aside.
4. Pinch small balls of the dough.
5. Flatten them on a banana leaf.
6. Add a tblsp of the filling in the centre and cover.
7. Roll this out into a small-medium circle.
8. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
9. Cook the prepared poli using little ghee.