- Bacon Slices – 2, large
- Garlic Clove – 1, finely chopped
- Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- Oak Leaf Lettuce – 1
- Parmesan Cheese – 2 tblsp, grated
- Salt as per taste
- Ground Black Pepper as per taste
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Trim rind from bacon and cut into small strips.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and fry the bacon, without oil, until almost crisp.
- Add the garlic and 1 tblsp of oil.
- Cook briefly and remove from heat.
- Add the lettuce leaves to the hot pan and toss quickly till barely warm.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and a splash of vinegar.
- Transfer immediately to a serving dish and serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !