- Baby Beetroot – 2 bunches
- Thyme – 3 sprigs
- Mixed Lettuce Leaves – 50 gms, small
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
- Juice of 1/2 Orange
- Zest of 1/2 Orange, grated
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper – ground, as per taste
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Trim the greens from the beetroot.
- Bring a pan of water of the boil.
- Add the thyme and unpeeled beetroot.
- Boil until tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove, drain and leave until cool.
- Remove the skins and cut into quarters.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients.
- Spoon the dressing over the beetroot and toss gently with the lettuce.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.