- Tomatoes – 2, large
- Chickpeas – 750 to 800 gms, rinsed and drained
- Onion – 1, diced
- Celery – 1/2 stalk, diced
- Red Capsicum – 1/2, diced
- Green Capsicum – 1/2, diced
- Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Red Chilli – 1 to 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Dried Mango Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Light Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Cumin – 1 tsp, ground
- Ground Black Pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds and flesh into a sieve set over a bowl.
- Reserve the liquid and finely dice the flesh.
- Combine the chickpeas, diced tomato, onion, celery and capsicum in a bowl.
- To the reserved tomato liquid, add ginger, chilli, mango powder, coriander, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Stir the dressing through the salad.
- Set aside for 30 minutes before serving, stirring occasionally.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !