- Carrots – 5, peeled
- Red Onion – 1, sliced
- Black Olives – 30, small and pitted
- Mixed Herbs – few tiny sprigs of rosemary, oregano and thyme, finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- Fruity Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Red Wine Vinegar – 4 to 5 tsp
- Garlic – 1/2 tsp, crushed
- Fresh Red Chilli – 1/3 tsp, crushed
- Ground Black Pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Coarsely grate the carrots.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil and vinegar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk in the garlic and chilli.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrot, onion, olives and half the herbs to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Serve the salad in small bowls garnished with remaining herbs.