- Green Beans – 1/4 kg, trimmed and cut in half
- Bacon – 3, rashers, shortcut
- Roquefort or any Blue Cheese – 100 gms
- Parsley – few sprigs, for garnish
For the Dressing:
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Dijon Mustard – 2 tsp
- Walnut Oil – 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Ground Black Pepper
- Boil the beans in a lightly salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender but still a little crisp.
- Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Cut the bacon into narrow strips and fry in a non-stick pan over high heat, without oil, until crisp.
- Set aside to cool.
- Crumble the Roquefort cheese.
- To make the mustard dressing, whisk the vinegar, mustard and oil in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the beans and dry.
- Toss them with the dressing, bacon and cheese.
- Garnish with parsley.