- Onion – 1, very finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tblsp
- Coriander – 3 tblsp, ground
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp, ground
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Soft Brown Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Coconut Cream – 1 1/4 cups
- Peanut Butter – 2 to 3 tblsp
- Sweet Soy Sauce – 1 to 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a small saucepan.
- Cook the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the spices, chilli, sugar, salt and coconut cream.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Stir in the peanut butter and simmer for another 60 seconds.
- Season with the sweet soy sauce and adjust salt.
- Allow to cool before using.
- This sauce keeps for about 7 days in the fridge.