- Almonds – 1/4 cup, blanched
- Curly Endives – 2 heads
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 1/2 tblsp
- Garlic Cloves – 2, finely chopped
- Red Chilli – 1, deseeded and finely chopped
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Toast the nuts on a tray for a few minutes and set aside to cool.
- Separate the curly endive into leaves and small clumps.
- Place them in a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, chilli and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour it over the endives and toss gently.
- Finely chop the nuts and scatter over the salad.
- Toss lightly and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !