- Rosemary Sprigs – 5
- Thyme Sprigs – 10 to 15
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- Canola Oil – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F.
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- Cut the lemon zest into strips.
- Pour the oil into a two-cup ovenproof glass measuring cup and add the leaves and lemon zest strips.
- Place the cup on a pie plate in the center of the oven and heat for 2 hours.
- Test the oil temperature. It should be 250F/120C before removing from the oven.
- Let it cool for at-least 30 minutes.
- Store in the fridge as is or strain through a cheesecloth and refrigerate.