- Plum Tomatoes – 4 to 6
- Canola Oil – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast until they start to char.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Bring to nearly boiling and let it simmer for one to two minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes with the warmed oil, and process in a blender until tomatoes are well mixed into the oil.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and pour into a clean jar.
- Refrigerate and use as required.