- Basil Leaves – 2 cups
- Garlic – 2 cloves, halved
- Olive Oil – 1 cup
- Wash the basil leaves and dry them well.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the basil leaves and blanch for 5 seconds.
- Scoop out the leaves and plunge them immediately into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain out all the water and squeeze the leaves to get rid of as much of the water as possible.
- Dry them between layers of paper towels.
- Chop coarsely and place in a clean jar.
- Add the garlic.
- Gently heat the oil over low heat until warmed and fragrant for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour the oil into a clean jar over the basil leaves.
- Let it cool, cover and store in the fridge.
- Strain out the basil within a week.