Garlic Cloves – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6 or as required
Tamarind – a small ball
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat 1 tblsp oil in a pan.
2. Add the garlic cloves and saute well.
3. Add tamarind, dry red chillies and salt.
4. Stir-fry for a minute and remove.
5. Transfer to a mixer jar and grind well.
6. Add 1 tblsp of oil and fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
7. Add this to the chutney and mix.
8. Serve hot with idli, dosa or curd rice.
I have never heard of some of the ingredients. I have no idea where to even buy them?
You can them at a local Indian store or some of the major supermarkets will have them.