Garlic Cloves – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6 or as required
Tamarind – a small ball
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat 1 tblsp oil in a pan.
2. Add the garlic cloves and saute well.
3. Add tamarind, dry red chillies and salt.
4. Stir-fry for a minute and remove.
5. Transfer to a mixer jar and grind well.
6. Add 1 tblsp of oil and fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
7. Add this to the chutney and mix.
8. Serve hot with idli, dosa or curd rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !