- Red Bell Peppers (capsicum) – 3
- Ripe Tomatoes – 4
- Fresh Cilantro – 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Garlic Cloves – 2, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet and cook under the broiler, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and broil, turning occasionally, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until all the skins are charred and blistered.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Peel and seed the bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Slice the flesh thinly.
- Place in a bowl, mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and garlic.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Just before serving, drain off any excess liquid.