- Baby Spinach Leaves – 275 gms
- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Pancetta – 150 gms
- Mixed Wild Mushrooms – 280 gms, sliced
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as required
- To make the dressing, place the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Rinse the baby spinach leaves under cold running water, then drain and place in a large salad bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the pancetta and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Pour the dressing into the frying pan and immediately turn the fried mixture and dressing into the bowl with the spinach.
- Toss until coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.