- Tomatoes – 2
- Mozzarella Cheese – 125 gms
- Black Olives – 12, stoned and sliced into rings
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 8
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper as required
- Using a sharp knife cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Drain the mozzarella cheese and cut into slices.
- Layer the tomatoes, mozzarella slices, olives and basil leaves in 4 stacks, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Place each stack under a preheated hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes or just long enough to melt to the cheese.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving plates.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve at once.