- Plum Tomatoes – 12, sliced
- Red Onion – 1, very small and thinly sliced
- Rocket Leaves – 15 gms
- Greek Black Olives – 20, stoned
- Greek Feta Cheese – 200 gms
- Egg – 1
- Plain White Flour – 3 tblsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Fresh Oregano – 2 tsp, chopped
- Sugar – a pinch
- Pepper as per taste
- Make the dressing by whisking together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, sugar and pepper in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Arrange the tomatoes, onion, rocket and olives on individual plates.
- Cut the feta cheese into 1 inch cubes .
- Beat the egg in a dish and put the flour on a separate plate.
- Coat the cheese in the egg, shake off the excess and then coat in the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the cheese and fry over medium heat, turning over the cubes of cheese until they are golden on all sides.
- Scatter the fried feta over the salad.
- Whisk together the prepared dressing, spoon over the salad and serve warm.