- Tomatoes – 1 kg, sliced thinly
- Sugar – 1 tblsp, optional
- Red Onion – 1, sliced thinly into rings
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Fresh Herbs – coarsely chopped, large handful
For the Dressing:
- Vegetable Oil – 3 tblsp
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Arrange the tomato slices in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Separate the onion slices into rings and scatter over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the herbs on top.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a screw-top lid jar.
- Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
- Cover with clingfilm.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the salad from the fridge 5 minutes before serving.