- Cooked Beetroot – 650 gms
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- Juice of 1 Orange
- Caster Sugar – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves – 115 gms
- Dice the cooked beetroot and reserve until required.
- Heat the olive oil in a small, heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the orange juice, sugar and fennel seeds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the reserved beetroot to the saucepan and stir gently to coat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Arrange the baby spinach leaves in a large salad bowl.
- Spoon the warmed beetroot on top.
- Serve immediately.